So yesterday was the calm before the ‘next’ storm. This year, that means we had glimpses of sunshine, in between heavy showers of rain and hail, with a little less wind than on previous days. Needless to say, we’re all going a little stir crazy.
Thankfully, we have not had to contend with the tragic consequences some people are suffering after the recent storms. But, when the level of activity in the rabbit hutch suggests they are planning their next ‘great escape’, and the kids are being ever more inventive in their mischief, it’s time for a distraction…
Sadly, the rabbits will have to make do with extra helpings of carrots and cabbage, but today Mook and Lulu have been happily crafting for Valentine’s Day.
Mook made a “I *heart* U” Card using alphabet stamps, ink pads, a pre-cut card and a foam heart.
Lulu made a ‘Love Flamingo’ for herself, and a ‘Love Bug’ card.
You will need:
- Two large pink foam hearts
- One pink pipe cleaner
- One small pink foam heart
- A googly eye
- Glue dots
- PVA Glue
- Black pen
How to make a Valentine Flamingo
- Cut the small foam heart in half to make the beak, draw the black of the beak and stick the googly eye on with the PVA glue. Set aside to dry
- Cut three lengths from the pink pipe cleaner and bend to make two legs and a curvy neck
- Use glue dots to stick the legs and neck to the back of one of the large foam hearts
- Use another glue dot to attach the beak to the top of the neck and more glue dots, as needed, to stick the second foam heart to the back of the first foam heart – covering up the where the pipe cleaners have been stuck
You will need:
- A pre-cut card
- A red ink pad (preferably a finger painting one that washes off!)
- A black pen
- Two googly eyes
How to make a Love Bug card
- Make a thumbprint in the middle of the card using the red ink
- When the ink has dried mark the bug’s features with the black pen and stick on the googly eyes
There you have it!
Tagged: craft ideas for kids, Crafting with kids, Girls Party, kids craft project, Mook and Lulu, summer fun with the kids, Valentine's Day, valentine's day craft projects with kids
Leave a Reply