For a quick, and easy, last-minute addition to your Halloween Party food – try these Jellied Pumpkins.
Our party guests couldn’t wait to dive into these fruity ‘pumpkins’ with their jet-black filling. They’re very easy to do – here’s how.
To make four Jellied Pumpkins, you will need:-
- 4 Oranges
- 1 packet of blackcurrant jelly
- Black food colouring
- A sharp knife
Here’s how to make Jellied Pumpkins
- Make up the jelly according to the instructions on the packet.
- While it is still a warm liquid add the food colouring – we added a couple of teaspoons, but you will be able to see how much food colouring to add, and it will depend on the type of food colouring you have.
- Pour your jelly into a shallow dish (this will help it set quicker) and put in into the fridge to set.
- Cut the top off your oranges in one slice.
- Carefully cut into your orange to make your ‘pumpkin face’.
- Remove the inside of the oranges with a knife and a spoon.
- When the jelly has set use a knife to chop it up into rough uneven pieces.
- Spoon the black jelly into the hollowed out oranges
- Place on your table – we stuck black plastic spoons into our Jellied Pumpkins before serving.
Let us know your halloween recipes…